How does CE Marking work for pressure equipment & why might I need it?
The Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU applies to the design, manufacture and conformity assessment of pressure equipment with a maximum allowable pressure greater than 0.5 bar.
The regulation cover pressure equipment – vessels, piping, safety accessories, pressure accessories and assemblies. These are defined as follows:
- Vessel – a housing designed and built to contain fluids under pressure
- Piping – piping components intended for the transport of fluids when connected together for integration into a pressure system
- Safety accessories – devices designed to protect pressure equipment against the allowable limits being exceeded
- Pressure accessories – devices with an operational function and having pressure-bearing housings
- Assemblies – several pieces of pressure equipment assembled by a manufacturer to constitute an integrated and functional whole
What CE Marking services can INSPECCO offer for pressure equipment?
INSPECCO has been authorized to perform CE marking conformity assessment services via the European Commission, as Nando Notified Body number 2459. Our notification includes authorization under the Pressure
Equipment Directive (2014/68/EU), which includes all pressure equipment and assemblies.
How much does it cost & how can you apply?
Fill out the application form below, and an INSPECCO representative will reply with a quotation and instructions on what else you need to provide us to serve you.