Fusion welding is widely used for the manufacture of many simple or complex metal products. Pressure vessels, bridges, cranes, steel structures, ships, railways, transportation vehicles, machinery manufacturing are some of the sectors where the source is at the forefront.
Welding processes have a significant impact on the cost and quality of production. For this reason, it is important to make sure that these processes are carried out in the most effective way and to make appropriate controls at all stages of the process. Even the most advanced control methods applied after welding cannot improve the quality of the weld. Therefore, the quality of the weld should be ensured during manufacturing, not by control.
The ISO 3834 standard can be used as a guide to ensure the quality of welded manufacturing during manufacturing.
With the ISO 3834 certificate, it is demonstrated that the welding quality is ensured, monitored and recorded.
The ISO 3834 standard series consists of the following parts.
- EN ISO 3834-1: Criteria for selection of the appropriate level of quality requirements,
- EN ISO 3834-2: Comprehensive quality requirements,
- EN ISO 3834-3: Standard quality requirements,
- EN ISO 3834-4: Elementary quality requirements,
- EN ISO 3834-5: Documents with which it is necessary to conform to claim conformity to the quality requirements of the ISO 3834-, ISO 3834-3 or ISO 3834-4
The ISO 3834 standard series can be applied to different levels. The manufacturer must select the appropriate ISO 3834 standard by considering the following:
- The scope and importance of safety-critical products,
- Complexity of manufacture
- The range of products manufactured,
- Usage range of different materials,
- The scope of metallurgical problems that may occur,
The extent of manufacturing defects that will affect product performance, such as misalignment, distortion, or weld defects.
You can contact us to certify that welded manufacturing is made in accordance with the requirements of ISO 3834 standards and to gain an advantage in world markets.