What is NDT and why is it preferred to alternative testing methods?
NDT, also called Non-Destructive Examination (NDE), is a test method in which materials/components are examined without changing or destroying their usefulness. Since the materials/components’ properties are not changed, this testing method is much more economical and much faster than alternative testing methods.
What products does INSPECCO offer NDT for?
- Welded connections
- Pressure vessels
- Special equipment upon request
Highlights of NDT:
- Assess the equipment features within the recognized international standards or according to the corrosion profiles defined in years before that caused the corrosion occur
- Ensure product quality and performance before production
- Provide reporting of engineering structures such that they can be used safely
What NDT services does INSPECCO offer?
- Radioactive Testing (RT): Radioactive radiation that comes out with certain features from a controllable radiation source diffuses during passing through the test piece. If discontinuities exist in the areas it passes, the discontinuities show up on photographic film as a different color.
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT): Ultrasonic testing is used for specifying errors in metal work pieces (even if they’re deep inside) when RT is not possible or accurate, as is especially true with thick pieces (> 8 mm) and in some connection forms (HV/DHV – Sewed T connection). It can also be used for lamination control of metals sheets.
- Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT): PT is a frequently-used method for specifying discontinuities in the surface of a workpiece. The main principle of PT is: the penetrant liquid has a powerful contrast effect that makes discontinuities in a workpiece become more apparent.
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT): MT is used to identify surface and near-surface discontinuities in ferromagnetic materials. The basic principle is based on magnetizing the test equipment by directly transmitting alternating and direct current or magnetic field lines. If there is any discontinuity in any part of the tested piece, magnetic field lines divert from discontinuity because of permeability differences, and a very intensive leakage area occurs on the discontinuity.
How to apply or learn more?
To apply, obtain a free quotation, or request more information about our NDT services, you can contact us via the contact form below.