To provide auditors with the necessary knowledge and skills to competently conduct third party assessments of Environmental Management Systems.
This course includes modules AU (Management Systems Auditing), EM (Auditing Environmental Management Systems), and TL (Leading Management Systems Audit Teams) (Exemplar Global TPECS). Recognition of prior learning will be awarded for Modules AU and TL if they have been completed within the previous three years.
5 days or 2½ days if Modules AU and TL have been completed previously.
Exemplar Global certified (EM791) – Exemplar Global Certificate via partnership with JLB.
This Course is in module format such that the first two days provide an introduction to auditing management systems and focuses on the skills required for auditing (Module AU). The third and fourth days focus on ISO 14001 and EMS specific issues, particularly relevant to external auditing (Module EM). The fifth day is focused on lead auditor specific requirements and the certification process (Module TL).
Days 1 & 2:
Module AU – ‘Management Systems Auditing’
- quality, history of management systems
- continual improvement
- standards & ISO 9001
- the audit process
- communication skills
- roles, responsibilities and skills of an auditor
- developing questions
- ISO 19011
- planning audits & reviewing documentation
- audit reports and corrective action
- auditor techniques
- process based auditing and sampling
- role play – dummy internal audit.
Day 3 & 4:
Module EM – ‘Auditing Environmental Management Systems’
- EMS & documentation
- eco systems and pollution control
- Initial Environmental Reviews and risk
- principals of environmental management
- ISO 14001 in detail
- processed based auditing and sampling
- role play – dummy external audit.
Module TL – ‘Leading Management Systems Audit Teams’
- the certification process
- lead auditor skills, abilities and Code of Conduct
- legal/ethical aspects of auditing
- JAS-ANZ and Exemplar Global
Participants are competently assessed during activities throughout the Course, including a role play external audit during the afternoon of Day 4 and
through a written examination on the afternoon of the final day. All participants on the Course receive a Certificate of Attendance. Those who are deemed ‘competent’ receive a Certificate of Attainment in lieu and automatically qualify as a Provisional Auditor with Exemplar Global.
Courses are offered onsite at INSPECCO locations or at client offices.
How to apply or learn more?
To request more information about this training course or to apply, you can contact us via the contact form below.