To provide auditors with the necessary knowledge and skills to competently conduct third party assessments against ISO 9001.
This course includes modules AU (Management Systems Auditing), QM (Auditing Quality Management Systems), and TL (Leading Management Systems Audit Teams) (Exemplar Global TPECS). Recognition of prior learning of will be awarded for Modules AU and TL if they have been completed within the previous three years.
5 days or last 2½ days if Module AU and TL have previously been completed.
Exemplar Global certified (QM761) – Exemplar Global Certificate via partnership with JLB.
This Course is in module format such that the first two days provide an introduction to auditing management systems and focuses on the skills required for auditing (Module AU). The third and fourth days focus on ISO 9001 and QMS specific issues, particularly relevant to external auditing (Module QM). The fifth day is focussed on lead auditor specific requirements and the certification process (Module TL).
Days 1 & 2:
Module AU – ‘Management Systems Auditing’
- quality, history of QMS & QMS documentation
- continual improvement
- international standards & ISO 9001
- the auditing process
- communication skills
- roles, responsibilities and skills of an auditor
- developing questions
- ISO 19011
- planning audits & reviewing documentation
- audit reports and corrective action
- auditing techniques
- process based auditing and sampling
- role play – dummy internal audit.
Day 3 & 4:
Module QM – ‘Auditing Quality Management Systems’
- quality management principles
- management system documentation
- integrated management systems
- permissible exclusions & scope of audits
- ISO 9001:2008 in detail
- reviewing documents
- nonconformance writing
- role play – dummy external audit.
Module TL – ‘Leading Management Systems Audit Teams’
- the certification process
- auditor skills, abilities and Code of Conduct
- legal/ethical aspects of auditing
- JAS-ANZ, Exemplar Global.
Participants are competently assessed during activities and role play audits, including a role play external audit during the afternoon of Day 4, and through a
written examination on the afternoon of the final day. All participants receive a Certificate of Attendance. Those who are deemed ‘competent’ receive a Certificate of Attainment in lieu and automatically qualify as a Provisional Auditor with Exemplar Global.
Courses are offered onsite at INSPECCO locations or at client offices.
How to apply or learn more?
To request more information about this training course or to apply, you can contact us via the contact form below.