What is Electrical Safety Testing and why might you need it?
Electrical Safety Testing is testing of an electrical product’s ability to function safely, according to EN/ISO 60204-1 (Low Voltage Directive standard for industrial machinery).
Whether you are a factory manager, the owner of a manufacturing plant, or work in any industry where you are responsible for the safety of your electrical equipment, it is important and often mandatory for you to ensure that your equipment is functioning in a safe way. Increasing electrical safety can reduce accidents and financial losses.
If you are a manufacturer of an electric product, looking to prove the safe operation of your product via CE Marking certification, you may be interested in our CE Marking for Electrical Equipment service.
What electrical equipment do we test?
We test electrical equipment and/or parts of the electrical equipment that operate with nominal supply voltages not exceeding 1000 V for alternating current (AC) and not exceeding 500 V for direct current (DC), and with nominal supply frequencies not exceeding 200 Hz.
What do we check?
- Safe operation and design of electrical Supplies and supply Disconnecting (Isolating) Devices
- Protection Against Unauthorized, Inadvertent and / or Mistaken Connection
- Protection Against Electric Shock via Direct and Indirect Contact
- Protection by Insulation of Live Parts
- Potential Sources of Electric Shock from Wiring
- Potential Sources of Electric Shock in Enclosures
- General Protection of Equipment
- Equipotential Bonding Protective Bonding Circuit
How to apply or learn more?
To apply, obtain a free quotation, or request more information about these testing services, you can contact us via the contact form below.
If you would like to learn more about occupational safety topics, you may also be interested in our Health & Safety Training.